The “Biggest Little City in the World” has been home to legal poker games since 1931, which means eight decades of perfecting the planet’s favorite card games. From traditional Draw and Stud to trendy Texas Hold’em, Omaha and Razz, Reno has tables for all types of players with all sizes of bankrolls. Note that the area’s poker rooms are all non-smoking, unless otherwise stated.
- Club Cal Neva – The six tables at this poker room swing into action at 9am daily. Games include $1/4 Seven-Card Stud, $3/6 Omaha Hi/Lo, $3/6 Texas Hold’em limit and $1/2 no-limit, among others. Players have the opportunity to earn bonus tournament chips and comp dollars for every hour of play in live/cash games.
- Eldorado – Featuring daily cash giveaways to weekly poker tournaments, the Eldorado’s poker room offers an exciting atmosphere at eleven tables open from 10am. Games include $1/5 Seven Card Stud, $3/6 Texas Hold’em, $3/6 and $4/8 Texas Hold’em full kill, and Limit Texas Hold’em played 24/7 hours. All games feature a Bad Beat Jackpot, too. Worthy of note, the Poker Room Manager, Margie Heintz, was the first woman in history to deal the World Series of Poker. She was inducted into the Women in Poker Hall of Fame in 2011.
- Nugget – Owner John Ascuaga welcome players of all levels to the Nugget Poker Room, open daily with seven tables from 9:15am. The featured cash games are $3/6 Texas Hold’em limit and $1/2 no-limit with a table buy-in of $50-$300. There are also daily tournaments starting at 10am with a $15 buy-in. Members of “John’s Club” earn $2 per hour in the Poker Room every Monday and Thursday (locals only).
- Sands Regency – Part of the Terrible’s Casino chain, the Sands offers an intimate poker experience in “Moms Smoking Poker Room.” That’s right. Players are free to light up at three tables offering $3/6 Texas Hold’em, $3/6 Hi/Lo, 7 Card Stud and even private games. Promotions include 26 bonus hands progressive and a shoot out tournament every morning when doors open at 10am.
- Silver Legacy – Open at 6pm daily, the Silver Legacy’s Poker Room proudly features live poker at three PokerPro® tables located next to the Sports Book. The automated tables, which can speed up games by 60%, are mistake free and easy to use. There are cash games for Omaha, Omaha Hi/Lo, Seven Card Stud and 50¢/$1 Texas Hold’em no limit, all of which are available at any time. Tournaments are held seven days a week, too. The minimum buy in for most games is $30.
Poker near the Airport
- Atlantis – Boasting the region’s best poker games, tournaments and promotions plus tableside dining with a self-service soup and beverage bar, the nine tables of the Atlantis Poker Room are among the hottest places to play in the Reno area. Games include $3/6 Texas Hold’em and $1/1 no-limit on weekends. Weekday No Limit Hold’em Deep Stack tournaments start at 9am, offering 10,000 tournament chips for a $40 buy-in. On weekends, the buy-in is $75, with tournaments starting at 11am.
- Peppermill – Named one of the “Top 25 in the USA” by Poker Digest, the Peppermill Poker Room features 19 tables, a high-tech ventilation system, some 25 hi-def screens, a lavish lounge, a self-service soup and beverage station with plush seating, and convenient restrooms. Cash games include $1/2 Omaha pot limit and $2/4 Texas Hold’em limit as well as $1/2 no limit. Daily tournaments start at 2pm and 6:30pm Monday through Friday, and 1pm and 6:30pm Saturday and Sunday.
- Grand Sierra Resort – Action at the seven tables of the Grand Sierra Poker Room kicks off at 9:30am daily. Games include $2/4 Texas Hold’em limit and $1/2 no limit, along with $4/8 Omaha Hi/Lo and $6/12 H.O.R.S.E. Daily tournaments are available, with themes ranging from Deep Stack to Ladies Night.
Poker at Lake Tahoe
- Harveys – This is the home of the most action on the lake, where no fewer than 20 tables beckon the best poker players in the region from 9am daily. Games include $3/6 Texas Hold’em limit and $2/3 no-limit with a table buy-in of $50-$300. On weekends, the $3/5 no-limit table buy-in is $300-$1,000.
- The Poker Room at Lakeside Inn – Open from 6pm daily (1pm on Sundays), this cozy three-table Poker Room offers complimentary cocktails, spectacular views of Sierra sunsets and sports broadcasts on large screen TVs. It is suited to both novice and experienced players alike, providing $2/4 Texas Hold’em limit and $1/2 no-limit, with table buy-ins set at $40-$200. A Progressive Payout is offered for royal and straight flushes, and a High Hand celebration of $50 is awarded nightly.
- Montbleu Resort Casino & Spa – The six-table Montbleu Poker Room opens at 2pm on weekdays and 11am on weekends. No-Limit Texas Hold’em tournaments are conducted daily, along with $500 Guaranteed Tournaments every Thursday at 7:30pm. For each hour played, one dollar in comps is earned. Special promotions include a new Bad Beat Jackpot, a High Hand Bonus and an Aces Cracked Bonus.